Saturday, July 2, 2011

Welcome to Thursday Drunk!

Welcome to the first post on my new blog. You may be wondering just what it is that you can expect me to write here? I will attempt to explain. I have tried many other blogs in the past but have always lost interest after a short time. I have never had a clear goal in my blog or a set subject that I wanted to explore before.

I have recently come to a crossroads in my life after loosing my job and finding myself unemployed for quite some time I had a lot of time to do some soul searching. I am no great writer, artist, or musician. I am also not a self educated computer wizard. In fact I am pretty much normal. 

In an attempt to steer my life into a more focused direction I have decided to return to college to finish my computer science degree. I have also given up any attempts at finding a "real job" instead I have been working part time at a local liquor store for extra spending money while focusing on my studies.

While I was already a pretty avid beer drinker and somewhat of a snob on the subject this job has opened me up to so many more opportunities. A few nights ago I told myself that I was going to start trying something new every payday. Love it or hate it variety is the spice of life, and that is the purpose of this blog. I will be writing about my experiences with each new drink and giving my friends and anyone who happens across this little corner of the internet my honest opinions. 

The first drink that I will be experiencing is a rum called "The Kraken" This is a very hot item in our store and everyone I have talked to has given it nothing but praises. We shall see what my experiance is in the next update. 

No comments:

Post a Comment